Friday, September 15, 2006

'Survivor' Debut gives CBS the Win But...

The first Cook Islands episode was the lowest rated than any of the previous premieres of the recent 12 seasons of Survivor.

It got around a 10 share based on the overnight results. I can say that CBS's Thursday night will get some dents overall. Regarding the 8/7 hour I can see ABC and NBC gaining from this. Next week NBC will have the Season Premieres of "My Name is Earl" and "The Office." I should also note that next Thursday will be day 4 of the new season. Earl enters its second season and The Office goes into its 3rd season. ABC will try to play on the sucesss of "Desperate Housewives" with "Ugly Betty" which was based on a popular Latin American Telenovale and will premiere next week as well. Betty is the lead in to "Grey's Anatomy" which will go up aganist CBS's hit crime drama CSI, and I expect ABC to put up a fight should Betty prove to be a winner. This might also help ABC's new drama "Six Degress" which will wrap up ABC's Thursday night primetime. CBS will also have the season premiere of CSI and is followed by newcomer Shark which still could hold CSI's audience.

I could see CBS slipping to third in the 7/8 hour if NBC and ABC take enough of the entire audience. Winner overall??? CBS, but ABC will take the female audience and high tough with them.

Overnight ratings results story from Zap2it.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but it does not approach me. I will search further.

7:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can recommend to visit to you a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you.

11:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home